Monday, July 23, 2012

Cadet Large Bull Stick 1 Pound bully sticks

Cadet Large Bull Stick Dog Chew, 1-Pound
Cadet Large Bull Stick Dog Chew, 1-Pound Read more...

  • Premium Quality
  • Real Meat Taste
  • 100% All Natural Beef

  • Dog Crack My sister and brotherinlaw rescued a beautiful black labrabull. They had no intentions of adopting a pit bull quite the opposite that was the one breed they wanted nothing to do with. But there at the Northshore Animal League their dog Rosie chose them and they went for it. She's a mellow friendly loving playful athletic family member. As my sis has two boys 9 & 10 they've got the energy to burn exercising their lovable muttigree.One teenyweeny issue she chews. She's only 4 months old so teething may be part of it but based on her lineage the chewing part will last a lifetime. I read up on bull pizzles. Supposed to last a long time and give a digestible safe alternative to typical rawhide bones. I ordered a pack of these. From the reaction from the dog I'll be ordering again and again. Rosie gnawed her very first one is about 15 minutes wagging her tail the entire time.Yeah they do smell a bit but you have to put your nose right inside the bag or get in the dog's face while chewing not advisable my sister said that really stinks. She solved the problem with Ziplock freezer bags.
    Very strong stench Maggie loved the bully sticks but we could not tolerate the smell in the house. The pack we got smelled like rotting garbage after sitting in the sun for hours. We froze them to help with the smell but once she starts eating them the odor permeates the room. After eating the bully sticks we have to give her dental treats to get rid of her awful breath.
    Variety of bullies You would think that a bull pizzle is created the same right? Right?! I have been procuring bull pizzle for my puppy for the past 6mos. I have bought odor free [read less odor than full stink] bullies regular odor bullies [read first and last 5min is barfinducing] and then these Cadet bullies [read ability to make a human pass out while sealed in the bag]. Apparently not all bullies are created alike and these bullies are not for my lil miss pittie mix. She'll chew on them for a few minutes and leave them. With other bullies she would chew forever. Maybe it was just this batch.In the bag that I got there were about 911 bullies of different lengths and thicknesses. There were about 56 6 fairly thick bullies 2 or 3 thin like a reed bullies and some others. I am sure each bag has a different variety but they were definitely not all large. Unless large has multiple meanings such as small short thin. They somewhat do the job for now but I will go back to other vendors.
    12 Inches? Yeah Right I've gotten these from my local pet store and am very picky about getting the tallest fattest one I can locate. Recently the price for one jumped from $2.99 to $4.99 which is ridiculous for a chew stick that lasts no longer than 24 hours on a good day. I learned of this economy package and though there's many many negative reviews I thought I'd give them a whirl. Well I am now in the market for new bull dicks altogether. Exactly half of them were 6 tall and the 12 tall ones were completely anemic. I myself if this was my business would be embarrassed to sell this product. There's clearly no quality control. I cannot speak to odor as I've not opened the package yet so I cannot comment on that. Maybe that would knock off the last star possible.
    Would have rated 5 stars a couple of months ago but When I got my keeshond puppy about a year ago I had trouble finding something that he would like to chew that he was supposed to chew until I discovered the wonderful world of Bully Sticks. My vet advised against nylabone which didn't interest him at all anyway and rawhide for puppies so I let my pup browse the pet store shelves and his nose lead him to the Bully Sticks any nose from afar could smell these out. I handed one to him and it was love at first bite. They are quite expensive at the pet store so I was thrilled to see them here on Amazon for such a bargain compared to pet store prices. With all the hype about pets getting sick from products made in China I was also happy to see that these Cadet Bull Sticks are made in Brazil though I know USA would be best.On average I've been buying 2 packages of these Large 1 lb. Bull Sticks a month for about a year. At first my puppy would take at least a whole day to consume one and it was my sanity saver. Any time I needed my pup to just chill out for a while I'd give him one of these long Bully Sticks and he wouldn't want to do anything else until it was finished. Yes they do smell. When you first open the package and if your dog is chewing it by your feet you will definitely be surrounded by the fresh pizzle aroma. Remember what these things are made of though. It's what makes a bull a bull. You also may not want your furry best friend to give you kisses while he's chewing it but the smell does go away quickly and having my dog content and occupied is worth more to me than a brief pizzle smell. Because of their shape they have not posed a choking hazard to my dog nor do they upset his tummy like many other things do.Now if I had thought about writing a review on these Large Bull Sticks months ago I would have given this product 5 stars.
    shorter than before This package contains about a dozen bull sticks ranging from 12 inches to as short as 6 inches long. I have ordered those before and the length of previous orders is about 12 inches. This shipment contains more shorter sticks than longer one. I am disappointed at the shorter sticks as my dog is a large breed.
    Stinky But My Dog Loves Them! This is one of the only treats that last longer than 5 minutes with our Golden Retriever.
    bully sticks
    My dog loves these!! My dog really loves these bull sticks! The smell is not so bad when opening for the first time and definitely goes away completely after a few days.I recommend this product to other potential buyers.
    Raging Bull ? Ever asked yourself where all these bull penises are coming from and how they are obtained?It is pretty crazy to kill animals artificially to feed their penises to other animalsguess that is the human species for you.
    Read more...



    Related Products

    No comments:

    Post a Comment